Breast cancer is one of the main causes of cancer deaths in females, and this makes taking measures to prevent it important. So How can breast cancer be prevented through daily habits and nutrition? Here’s everything you need to know about it. We offer you the most prominent ways to prevent breast cancer in the following article:
Breast Cancer Prevention: Does It Prevent Infection?
There are no proven prevention methods to prevent breast cancer, but you can practice certain behaviors and follow some tips that may reduce your risk. These methods may be beneficial and have a positive effect in women who have certain breast cancer risk factors.
Breast cancer prevention with nutrition
Although the relationship of food to the prevention of breast cancer is not clear, a diet that includes certain foods may help reduce the risk of infection, including the following:
Fatty fish, such as salmon and sardines, have many health benefits, as they contain omega-3, selenium, and antioxidants that may provide a protective effect against breast cancer.
Analyzes of a study conducted on a large group of individuals who ate higher amounts of omega-3-rich seafood had a 14% lower risk of breast cancer compared to individuals who ate lower amounts.
Veggies and fruits
It is known that , fruits rich in carotenoids and non-starchy vegetables have a positive effect in reducing the risk of estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer. so there may be a link between a lower risk of breast cancer and a diet rich in plant foods, such as vegetables, fruits and whole grains, and a diet low in refined, low-carb, animal foods.
Fermented foods, such as yogurt and sauerkraut, contain beneficial bacteria and probiotics that may have a role in preventing or protecting against breast cancer.
research on this topic indicated the ability of probiotics to boost and stimulate the immune system, and the impact of this on the prevention of breast cancer.
Preventing breast cancer with daily habits
Some of the daily habits that may reduce your risk of breast cancer include the following:
- Avoid certain foods that may be linked to breast cancer, such as: processed meats and sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Drink less alcohol. The more alcohol you drink, the higher your risk of breast cancer.
- Breastfeeding increases the protective effect against breast cancer, although the reasons are not clear, but the stability of estrogen levels during breastfeeding may play a big role in preventing breast cancer.
- Maintain a healthy weight. If you are overweight, look for ways to lose weight in a healthy way, such as: Reducing the number of calories you get per day.
- Doing physical activities. Being physically active has many benefits, including maintaining a healthy weight and thus helping to prevent breast cancer.