Cucumber is famously known for its benefits for the skin which makes it a highly used ingredient in skin care products, but why spend that much money while you can use it directly on the skin and get the same effect and sometimes even a better effect.
In this article you will find 4 amazing cucumber face masks that will improve your skin.
Cucumber Mask To Treat Acne
Cucumber possesses anti-inflammatory properties, which reduces the redness caused by acne, and also contains astringent properties, so it can be used as a toner for the skin, as it cleanses it, and prevents the closing of its pores, and thus reduces acne and its effects. You can prepare this easy face mask by following these steps:
- One medium size cucumber.
- Three teaspoons of yogurt.
How to prepare:
- Cut the cucumber into pieces, put them in an electric grinder, and grind them until you get a paste.
- Add the yogurt to the cucumber paste, and mix the ingredients well.
- Apply the mask to the face, and leave it on for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash the face with warm water and then with cold water.
- Repeat this mask regularly to obtain the desired results.
Cucumber Mask To Get Rid Of Dark Circles
Cucumber contains a high level of silica and many antioxidants that help to lighten dark circles under the eyes and slowly get rid of them.
To prepare this mask, squeeze one medium size cucumber, then dip two cotton pieces into the cucumber juice, put them on the eyes and leave them for 20 minutes, taking into account the repetition of this mask on a regular basis, to obtain satisfactory results.
Cucumber Mask To Lighten The Face
Cucumber contains natural lightening properties, which makes it a great healthy choice to lighten the skin. It also contains vitamin A that stimulates cell growth, in addition to vitamin C that improves collagen production which is necessary for skin health. This mask can be prepared by following these steps:
- Half a cup of cucumber paste.
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
How to prepare:
- Place the ingredients in a bowl, and mix them well.
- Apply the mask to the face with a gentle massage in circular motions.
- Leave the mask on the face for a few minutes.
- Wash the skin with water.
- Repeat this mask on a daily basis to obtain the desired results.
Cucumber Mask To Moisturize And Nourish The Skin
Cucumber contains soothing and purifying properties for the skin.
You can follow these steps to prepare this mask; in case you want to add additional moisture, feel free to add a little bit of milk to the recipe.
- Half a medium size cucumber.
- A teaspoon of milk powder.
- A teaspoon of yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped mint leaves.
How to prepare:
- Wash the cucumber and cut it into pieces, and put them in an electric mixer.
- Add the other ingredients and grind them well together to get a smooth paste.
- Apply the mask to the face and neck with the tips of the fingers, and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Clean the face with a piece of cotton cloth dampened in warm water.
- Wash the face with warm water, then sprinkle a little of cold water on it, and after that dry the skin with a clean towel.
- Apply a little cold rose water to the face, then apply a suitable moisturizer.