Ways To Use Ginger For Weight Loss
Ginger contains a chemical compound called Gingerol, which has an anti-obesity effect and stimulates some biological activities in the body, as this compound helps to speed up the process of digesting food and maintaining blood sugar levels steady therefore, it can majorly affect weight loss. Ginger can be used to slim down and lose weight in a number of ways, here we mention some of them:
- Ginger and lemon: It can be made easily by adding a little lemon slices of lemon juice to ginger drink, and drinking it two or three times a day, which will help reduce appetite, get hydration, and promote weight loss.
- Ginger and green tea: simply prepared by adding ground ginger to a cup of green tea, and drinking it once or twice a day.
- Ginger juice: this drink works as an appetite suppressant, and can be made by mixing pieces of peeled ginger in the mixer with a glass of water, then filtering the mixture and adding a savoring of your choice, like a little lemon juice, honey, or any kind of natural sweetener as desired, and drinking the mixture once or twice a day.
The Benefits Of Ginger
Ginger provides many health benefits to the body, here we will mention some of them:
- It contains antioxidants that help protect cells against cancer.
- It helps to speed up digestion and stomach emptying, and it also reduces bloating and gas.
- It helps reduce the risk of heart attacks or strokes, as it has properties that help prevent blood clots.
- It enhances the body’s immunity, as it carries antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties.
- Drinking it during menstruation helps relieve pain and cramps.
The Nutritional Value Of Ginger
The following table shows the nutrients available in every 100 grams of raw ginger:
- Calories : 80 calories
- Water : 78.89 g
- Protein : 1.82 g
- Total fat : 0.75 g
- Carbohydrates : 17.77 g
- Fiber : 2.0 g
- Vitamin C : 5.0 mg
- Vitamin B3 : 0.75 mg
- Folate 11 ugm
- Vitamin E : 0.26 mg
- Calcium : 16 mg
- Iron : 0.60 mg
- Potassium : 415 mg
- Sodium : 13 mg
- Magnesium : 43 mg
- Phosphorous : 34 mg