What Is Healthy Food?
Healthy food is a balanced and varied food that contains all the essential nutrients needed by the body, and healthy food includes the six food groups :
- Key vitamins and minerals.
Healthy Food And Starch Group
Foods that contain carbohydrates such as cereals, rice, and whole wheat contain more amounts of fiber, vitamins and minerals than hulled grains, whole wheat, brown rice, oats, bulgur, and barley are examples of whole grains, and it is preferable to choose whole grains when you want to follow a healthy eating regimen.
One serving of carbohydrates can be estimated as follows:
- One slice of bread (40 grams).
- ½ cup of rice, pasta, noodles, bulgur, barley, quinoa, buckwheat, or semolina (75-120 grams).
- Half a cup of cooked porridge (120 grams).
- ¼ cup of muesli (a mixture of grains and fruits).
- Two-thirds of a cup of breakfast cereals (30 grams).
- ¼ cup of flour (30 grams).
Grains of all kinds are healthy eating that provides the body with fiber that gives a feeling of satiety, and it is a type of carbohydrate sometimes called bran, and it is part of the plant that cannot be digested in the human digestive system, but it crosses the intestines with food and absorbs water, which facilitates the process of excretion and protects against constipation. And among its many benefits to the body as well it :
- Reduces the risk of some chronic diseases such as heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Helps reduce cholesterol level in the blood.
- Helps lose weight and control it.
- Prevent constipation.
9 Tips For A Healthy Diet
Healthy food is a balanced lifestyle, and is not limited to eating a specific type of food, but rather a healthy lifestyle for life, and healthy eating is smart food options from each group of food so that they are varied and balanced and rich in all the essential elements.
Here are some tips when following a healthy food system:
- Eat the healthy amount of calories that suits the person and his daily activities.
- Eat different and varied healthy food; To ensure that you get all the nutrients necessary for the body.
- Approximately a third of the meal should contain carbohydrates such as bread, rice, pasta, cereals, and potatoes, and it is preferable to choose whole grains or brown rice; to get fibers.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits.
- Reduce intake of saturated fats and sugar.
- Reduce the amount of salt in food.
- Doing exercise.
- Drink enough water.
- Eat fish twice a week, and choose one portion of oily fish that contains omega-3,
Examples of fatty fish: