How To Get Rid Of Milia Under The Eyes
What Are Milia Pills Or Whiteheads
Milia is the scientific name for white pimples that appear particularly on the eyelid, under the eyes, around the nose and on the cheekbone. They are bags filled with keratin, which contain dead skin cells that were trapped under the skin and did not come out, which means that they are not like regular pimples that can be disposed of.
Almost all children and most adults with milia suffer from it because the skin has not been peeled off well. But adults can also suffer from secondary milia, which burns or causes a rash that causes spots that form in the skin, which damages the pores.
Milia will disappear without treatment. In fact, when young children suffer from milia, most doctors advise against trying any special treatment. Washing the baby’s skin with warm water and drying it with a soft towel every day will help it to disappear.
However it is advisable to use some natural home remedies to help you get rid of milia especially for the adults.
How To Reduce The Severity Of Milia ?
In fact, miliaria may disappear without any treatment after a few weeks or months. However, to protect your skin from the recurrence of these pimples and reduce their severity, here are the steps that you need to take:
- Use warm water to clean your face and soothe your pores. The steam will help you remove the milia beans easily.
- Apply a face wash suitable for your skin type to keep it clean.
- Use retinol that has exfoliating properties that keep skin soft and clean.
- Protect your skin from the sun’s rays, otherwise the milia pills will get worse, by wearing a hat and using a sunscreen suitable for your skin type. We advise you not to resort to products that contain oils, as they clog the pores which makes the process of peeling dead skin more difficult.
- Avoid heavy-duty cosmetics or skin care creams, as the harsh ingredients remain on the skin and clog the pores and miliaria increases more and more.
- Do not try to remove the milia pimples with your finger, as it will negatively affect your skin causing it to become redder.
8 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Whiteheads Under The Eyes
1. Honey Mask To Get Rid Of Milia
You must first wash the face with warm water and soap, as this will help open the pores, then apply honey to the entire face, focusing on the eye contour and massaging it gently.
Opening the pores will help honey penetrate the skin deep into the pores and remove dirt and oils. Honey must be left between 10 and 15 minutes, after which the face is washed with lukewarm water, and then a moisturizing cream is applied.
2. Cinnamon Mask To Remove Milia Under The Eyes
Cinnamon contains anti-inflammatory properties that help treat many skin diseases including milia (but beware for people with sensitive skin, this mixture may irritate the skin. So it can be diluted by adding some water to the dough) and to prepare this recipe mix 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice until you get a paste, apply the paste on the affected areas and leave it to dry completely, and then wash your skin with lukewarm water.
To get better results use this recipe once every week for at least 2 mouths.
3. Pomegranate Peels And Yogurt Recipe To Get Rid Of Whiteheads
To prepare this recipe to get rid of white pimples, mix 3 tablespoons of pomegranate peel powder and one tablespoon of yogurt, then mix the mixture and rub it gently in circular motions for 5 minutes.
Leave it on for 30more minutes then wash it off with water and dry your face well.
For better results use this recipe twice a week.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar And Cornstarch For Milia
Apple cider vinegar has pore-holding properties and helps slough off dead skin cells. While corn starch absorbs excess sebum, which works to clog the pores and the appearance of white pimples in the face.
To prepare this recipe mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 3 teaspoons of cornstarch until you get a paste, then apply the paste on the affected areas and leave it for 30 minutes then wash it off.
For better results repeat this recipe twice a week.
5. Cucumber Recipe To Get Rid Of WhiteHeads
You must first wash your face well with warm soapy water, and then cut two slices of cucumber, relax on the sofa and put them on your eye for 30 minutes.
Cucumber helps get rid of all eye problems, and prevents the emergence of white heads.
6. Tomato Mixture To Get Rid Of Whiteheads
Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C which helps remove dead skin cells and provides glow to your skin. So it is one of the best ways to get rid of white pimples.
To prepare this recipe, cut the tomatoes into slices and sprinkle some sugar on the tomato slice and rub it on the affected areas for 5 minutes, then leave the juice on your face for 20 minutes before washing your skin with water. Repeat this recipe daily for one month to achieve the desired results.
7. Castor Oil Recipe To Get Rid Of Milia Under The Eyes
The antibacterial properties of castor oil can cure many skin problems, including milia, and it also controls the production of excess oil, which is one of the causes of the appearance of white pimples, and you can simply rub castor oil daily on the affected areas and leave it overnight.
8. Oatmeal And Sugar Scrub To Get Rid Of Under-Eye Whiteheads
The distinctive nature of oats contributes to getting rid of dead skin cells and its moisturizing properties provide relief to the skin from dehydration, and to apply this recipe mix 3 tablespoons of oatmeal and one tablespoon of sugar and raw honey. Then spread the mixture on the affected areas, and rub it gently in circular motions for 5 minutes. Leave it for 30 minutes then wash it off with water.
For better results repeat this process 3 times a week.
Skin Care Tips
- Wash the face well once in the morning and once in the evening, and use a gentle face wash, in addition to washing the face after doing an activity or exercising.
- Use lukewarm water for cleaning and bathing.
- Avoid harsh cleansing of the face, which can irritate the skin.
- Wash the hair regularly, especially if the hair is long, because the oils that come out of the hair can clog the pores.
- Use sunscreen, and it is preferable to use a sunscreen with high protection for the skin. Use an exfoliating cream for the face; It helps get rid of dead skin that can clog the pores, thus rejuvenating skin cells, while avoiding the use of harsh scrubs that can irritate the skin.
- Do not use prescriptions without consulting a doctor; In some cases they can be harmful to the skin.
- Clean your smartphone, glasses, pillow and headphones regularly to get rid of bacteria, dirt, and oils on them.
- Keep hair care products away from your face.