Many women and men tend to dye their hair since it a great way to make over the general appearance and appear differently, and to achieve this, most of the time they use chemical dyes, which unfortunately may cause serious damage to the hair, and the dye might not last for a long time if the hair isn’t taken care of properly; therefore, it is imperative to follow proper methods to take care of dyed hair, such as following a dyed hair care routine in order to keep it strong and healthy, and also to apply some natural recipes that help prevent the dye damage.
Tips For Hair Dyeing
There are several tips that you should keep in mind when dyeing your hair and after dyeing it, to ensure that the color stays as long as possible, and that the hair maintains it strength and healthiness, including:
Hair Preparation For Dyed Hair:
In the case of planning to dye the hair, it must be ensured that the hair is strong enough to be able to withstand the damages that may be caused to it from the chemical dye, and that must be done months before the dyeing process, so it is necessary to ensure that it gets nourishment, make sure that it is moisture, and that it is not dry, and this can be achieved by applying oil masks, and some natural recipes that nourish and protect the hair.
Choose The Right Dye Type:
It is very important to choose a suitable dye, which contains a suitable bleach, so as not to cause harm to the hair. It is recommended as much as possible to choose a dye that does not contain harmful chemicals, such as: ammonia.
Read The Instructions Carefully:
In the case of dyeing the hair at home, it is necessary to read the instructions included with the dye packaging carefully, and not leave the dye on the hair more than the time specified for it .In the case of choosing to dye the hair in a hair salon, it is preferable to choose a reliable place for the task, and ask for the hair stylist with the highest experience.
Washing The Hair:
It is recommended that after dyeing the hair to not wash it until at least two days have passed, because it reduces the possibility of losing the color, and it also makes the natural hair oils form a buffer layer around the hairlines, which prevents the dye from disappearing.
Use The Appropriate Products:
It is very important to choose suitable products to take care of dyed hair, by using a conditioner and a shampoo free of harmful chemicals, such as sulfur, to make sure of the preservation of the natural hair oils, and prevent the color of the dye from fading.
It is recommended to trim the hair every now and then, especially after dyeing it, because the dyes cause damage to the hair, and trimming helps prevent the spread of damage along the hair.
Space Between Hair Coloring Sessions:
When a person dyes their hair, this process becomes very tempting and sometimes addictive, but it is imperative to know that too many hair coloring sessions are harmful to the hair, so it must be given some time to rest before re-dyeing it again.
Avoid Using Hair Dryer:
It is recommended to reduce the use of hair dryers as much as possible, especially after dyeing the hair, because of the significant damage it might cause, so it is preferable to leave the hair until it dries on its own.
Allergic Reaction To The Dye:
In some cases the scalp may develop a mild allergic reaction from the dye, in which case the head should be washed immediately with warm water and appropriate shampoo. In case of inflammation of the scalp or itching, an antihistamine can be taken.
Instructions For Washing Dyed Hair
There are some tips that are recommended to follow when washing dyed hair, including:
- Avoid washing the hair directly after the dye, because that exposes the hair dye to fade away, as it is preferable to wait 48-72 hours before washing it again.
- Use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner, as this substance is considered harmful to the hair and causes dryness, and it leads the dye to disappear faster.
- Avoid washing dyed hair more than two or three times a week, because this speeds up the dye fading process and exposes the hair to dryness.
- Use cold water, or lukewarm water, to wash dyed hair, and always avoid the use of hot water, because it leaves the pores of the scalp open, which causes the dye to fade more quickly.
Natural Recipes For Dyed Hair Care
Eggs And Mayonnaise Recipe For Dyed Hair
Eggs contain a high amount of protein, which helps keep the hair strong and healthy. As for mayonnaise, it helps moisturize the hair. When combined, it makes the best recipe to protect dyed hair from damage.
- One egg.
- Two tablespoons of mayonnaise.
How to prepare:
- Place the ingredients in a bowl, and mix them well until you obtain a soft mixture.
- Cover the hair with the mixture focusing on its ends, and leave it on for 45 minutes.
- Wash the hair with cold water, and a light sulfate-free shampoo.
- Repeat this recipe once a week.
Avocado, Banana And Olive Oil Recipe For Dyed Hair
The avocado, banana, and olive oil recipe helps moisturize dyed hair and repair the damage.
- Half a grain of avocado.
- A ripe banana.
- Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mixing bowl.
How to prepare:
- Mash avocado and banana inside the mixing bowl, until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add olive oil to the mixture, and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to the hair from the roots to the ends, and leave it on for about an hour.
- Rinse hair with cold water, and a sulfate-free mild shampoo.
- Repeat this recipe once a week.