Lemon is an important natural substance, and it is considered one of the most effective natural fat burning foods. Also lemon is an antiseptic, anti-oxidant and toxins remover, especially in the digestive system because of its richness in vitamin C, which is one of the most important antioxidants. Including lemon on your daily meals will also help promote gallbladder and liver processes, and since lemon is considered a diuretic it helps get rid of high-density cholesterol (bad cholesterol).
The nutritional value of lemon
Lemons contain several elements, such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium, and vitamins like vitamin B6 and folic acid.
Benefits of lemons for weight loss
While there are no specific scientific studies and evidences that show that lemon helps with weight loss directly, nor is there a scientific fact that determines the supposed amount of lemons that should be consumed to lose a specific amount of weight in a specific time period, but science proves that eating lemons help reduce calories consumed in food, and raise the amount of consumed calories during exercises and movement which eventually leads to weight loss and fat burning. Below you will find a brief explanation of the role of lemon in weight loss
- Lemon gives a feeling of satiety and fullness, which reduces the calories consumed during the day, thus losing the weight.
- It helps lose weight because it gives the body the moisture and freshness required for very few calories, which means replacing drinks and high-calorie juices sweetened with harmful chemicals.
- It improves and supports the functions of the digestive system, because it contains a composition and a structure similar to the gastric juice, which in turn removes toxins from the digestive system and gets rid of excreta, also lemon juice helps to solve the problem of indigestion, heartburn and bloating, and it promotes colon functions and reduces its problems.
- Lemon helps prevent extra water retention in the body, therefore it helps lose the extra weight associated with water retention in the cells.
- It fights obesity because it contains various polyphenols and flavonoids such as anthraquinone flavanone and anthraquinone flavone, which in turn break down and destroy fats and secrete blood sugar enzymes by facilitating its transport to and from cells.