Rose water, which is a transparent liquid that is extracted from rose petals is an important ingredient in the world of skin and hair care, due to the many benefits that it offers, it can be purchased easily everywhere or even better, prepared at home, read along to know how you can prepare it.
How To Make Rose Water At Home
To prepare rose water at home without any preservatives or chemicals, follow the following method of preparation:
- Wash the rose petals well and sterilize them, by placing them in a container filled with water mixed with medicinal alcohol, and then putting them on a cotton cloth or a clean towel.
- Bring a large bowl, then place a piece of clean cloth on top of it, and place the rose petals on top. Cover it with water, then leave it overnight.
- The next day, remove the cloth and squeeze it well, then put the water resulting from the squeezing process on a low heat and leave it until it reaches the stage of evaporation, after only a small amount remains, turn of the fire and let it cool, and then keep it in a container.
Benefits Of Rose Water For The Skin
Rose water provides the following benefits to the skin:
- It soothes sensitive and sore skin.
- It prevents the appearance of pimples and scars and works to rid the skin of these problems with regular use.
- Smoothes the skin and makes it shiny, whitens it and rid it of dark spots resulting from exposure to harmful sunlight.
- It gives the face an aromatic scent.
- Suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive, oily and mixed skin, it moisturizes and soothes sensitive skin, and acts as a mild astringent for dry skin, without increasing its dryness, and hydrates it at the same time, and it also helps to remove excess skin.
- Used as a mild astringent for the face and body skin, with regular use; as it deeply cleans the pores.
- It tightens the pores, reduces wrinkles and works as an anti-aging agent.
Skin Care Recipes
Here are the following mixtures prepared by using rose water for skin care:
Rose Water And Starch Powder For Skin Care
This recipe will remove blackheads and pimples and give the skin more moisture.
- Tablespoon of starch powder
- Rose water
How to prepare:
- Place the starch powder in a small bowl, then add rose water gradually with constant stirring until it becomes like a dough.
- Apply the mask to your face, wait 15 minutes, then wash your face.
- Repeat this recipe twice a week.
Rose Water And Egg White For Skin Care
- Two tablespoons of rose water
- One egg white
- Two tablespoons of starch powder
How to prepare:
- In a bowl, place the rose water and egg white and mix them well, then add the starch powder to the mixture gradually, stirring constantly until the dough is firm.
- Apply the resulting paste on your face for 20 minutes, then wash your face with lukewarm water.