We all know that the hair gets damaged the most during summer, wether it is due to the high temperature or the products in swimming pools, so it is really important to take care of it more during this period of the year. In this article we will provide you with some valuables tips and methods of how to take care of your hair during summer.
General Hair care tips:
- Avoid washing the hair daily: hair should be washed only once every two days at max.
- Eating healthy foods: especialy foods that contain vitamins and minerals that provide hair with all the elements it needs for its growth, in addition to that, healthy foods that contain calcium and fiber have a role in strengthening hair follicles.
- Avoid using dyes: hair dyes that contain chemicals can cause a lot of damage to the hair, including split ends, hair loss and dryness, it is better to replace it with natural dyes such as henna.
- Do not tie the hair tight: the hair should be lifted comfortably and loose.
- Comb the hair with a wide toothed comb: instead of a brush.
- Wash the hair with a mild shampoo: it is always preferable to dilute it with water in equal quantities.
How To Take Extra Care Of Your Hair During Summer
Keep Your Hair Out Of The Sun
You should keep the hair healthy by protecting it from sunlight, and preventing it from being exposed to it, specially during the afternoon. and be sure to wear a hat or a scarf to protect the hair from drying out.
Drink Enough Water
You should drink water during the day at a rate of 8 cups per day, as the water protects the body and hair from drying out, and helps in making the hair shiny and healthy.
Wash The Hair
It is important to wash the hair well and take care of its cleanliness as this helps to replenish the natural oils of the scalp, which helps in freshness of the hair, and you should also use natural shampoos, which are appropriate for the type of the hair.
Use Natural Oils
Using natural oils and massaging the hair with them helps in obtaining a healthy hair. Examples of these oils are olive oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil and argan oil. All you have to do is massaging the hair with the oil and leaving it on it for half an hour then washing it afterwards.
Use A Hair Protection
There are many types of hair products to protect it from sunrays, which can be used to reduce the damage to the hair during summer caused by sunlight, but you must ensure the quality of these products before using them to make sure not to cause any harm to the hair.
Trim the ends of the hair
In order for the hair to grow better during summer, you should make sure to trim the ends of the hair every now and then, which will help in stimulating hair growth, and getting rid of split ends.