Obesity And Weight Gain Problem
Obesity and weight gain are defined as excessive or abnormal fat accumulation, and there is what is known as the Body Mass Index, which is a special way of weight measurement. If a person’s mass index is 30, or more, that means that he suffers from obesity.
Being overweight is a major risk factor for a number of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
There are many factors that lead to weight gain, including factors related to heredity, the increase in the quantities of food consumed, the increase in carbohydrate consumption, and the lack of physical activities. In addition, the increase in weight may occur as a result of some health problems, such as: Hypothyroidism, and use of certain medications, such as: birth control pills, antidepressants, and antipsychotics.
The human body needs to diversify the types of foods that it consumes, in order to provide the cells with the nutrient elements that they need. Every food contains various elements such as proteins, mineral salts, vitamins, carbohydrates, etc., but some people may experience an increase in weight which compels them to follow a special diet to lose weight.
General Advice When Eating Food
- Chewing food well before swallowing it, in order to mix the starches in food with saliva that contains amylase, which increases the digestion process, and long chewing sends signals to the brain to release a feeling of satiety.
- Eat mostly fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Do Not eat too much, especially calorie-rich.
- Always start with salads when eating food.
- Avoid drinking water while eating or immediately after food, because water reduces the existing digestive juices, thus increases the time the body needs for digestion.
The Best Weight Loss Diet
Vegetables and fruits Diet
This diet is considered as one of the best diets that a person can follow, as it helps to lose weight at the rate of 2 kilograms per week in addition to sports or jogging at the rate of half an hour per day, and this system depends on providing the body with a small number of calories.
Steps to vegetables and fruits diet
- Every morning, drink a cup of grape, orange or carrot juice, which equals 140 calories. Grapes are preferred because it supplies the body with the minerals and vitamins it needs.
- Eat ten grains of apples (500 calories), ten medium cucumbers (100 calories), and five grains of tomatoes (100 calories) throughout the day in batches.
- During lunch, you have to eat a piece of grilled chicken without the outer skin (250 calories).
- Every evening, drink a hot cup of chamomile tea as it helps treat digestive disorders.
Note: It is not permissible to follow this diet for more than a month. Make sure to have a week of rest where you can eat what you want and then start over the diet.