The methods of treating severe itchy scalp may differ according to its causes, and regardless of the reasons behind the occurrence of this problem, some home methods can contribute to alleviating the severity of itching and the other symptoms associated with it, such as irritation and redness of the scalp.
Here is a list of the most prominent home methods that help treat severe itchy scalp:
Peppermint Oil For Itchy Scalp
Peppermint contains an active substance called menthol, which has many therapeutic properties that help calm severe itchy scalp, as well as cooling the scalp, and increasing blood flow in it.
In addition to that menthol contributes to fighting germs and insects that cause itchiness in the scalp.
- Put two drops of peppermint oil in a cup of cold water, then mix it.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp and massage it gently for a few minutes.
- Dilute peppermint oil with shampoo and massage it on the scalp before washing it.
- Wash the hair with warm water.
Baking Soda For Itchy Scalp
Baking soda has many antibacterials and antifungals properties that fight bacteria and fungus causing itching and hair loss.
- 2 tablespoons of water.
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Mix the ingredients well to get a thick mixture.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp for 10 minutes.
- Wash the hair with shampoo as usual.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Itchy Scalp
Apple cider vinegar is characterized by its antibacterial content, and thus it can help treat severe itchy heads caused by bacteria or fungi.
- Apple cider vinegar can be applied directly to the scalp or diluted 50% with water.
- Leave it on the scalp for a few minutes to dry.
- Rinse the head with warm water.
Lemon works to balance hydrogen levels, in addition to reducing the oils that can be the reason behind the itchiness
- Place the lemon juice on the scalp and massage it gently for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes till it dries.
- Wash the hair with cold water.